- Forecasting the Winner of a Tennis Match
- Number of pages
- Amsterdam: Faculty of Economics and Econometrics
- CentER Discussion Paper
- Volume | Edition (Serie)
- Document type
- Working paper
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- We propose a method to forecast the winner of a tennis match, not only at the beginning of the match, but also (and in particular) during the match. The method is based on a fast and exible computer program TENNISPROB, and on a statistical analysis of a large data set from Wimbledon, both at match and at point level.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.