- Full angular profile of the coherent polarization opposition effect
- Journal of the Optical Society of America. A, Optics, Image Science and Vision
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- We use the rigorous vector theory of weak photon localization for a semi-infinite medium composed of nonabsorbing Rayleigh
scatterers to compute the full angular
profile of the polarization opposition effect. The effect is caused by coherent backscattering of unpolarized incident light and accompanies the well-known backscattering intensity peak. (Optical Society of America [S0740-3232(00)00905-4].
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.