- Clinical and magnetic resonance observations in cerebral small-vessel disease
- Award date
- 12 March 1999
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Medicine (AMC-UvA)
The study reported in this thesis tried to address the following questions:
1. Is it possible to detect genetic factors and vascular risk factors that are specifically associated with the development of small- or large-vessel disease?
2. Are the different clinical and MRI manifestations, that are attributed to small-vessel disease, like lacunar infarcts, white matter lesions and intracerebral hemorrhages, mutually related? Do the various results of small-vessel disease occur in one patient? Are there clinical and MRI manifestations of small-vessel disease that have been unnoticed until now?
3. What differences exist in the evolution of early clinical signs and symptoms between cerebral infarcts caused by small- or large-vessel disease?
- Research conducted at: NPA
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.