J.G. de Gooijer
- Component extraction analysis of multivariate time series
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- A method for modelling several observed parallel time series is proposed. The method involves seeking possible common underlying pure AR and MA components in the series. The common components are forced to be mutually uncorrelated so that univariate time series modelling and forecasting techniques can be applied. The proposed method is shown to be a useful addition to the time series analyst's toolkit, if common sources of variation in multivariate data need to be quickly identified.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.