- Metrical prodosy: A template-and-constraint approach to phonological phrasing in Italian. Based on the poetry of Giuseppe Ungaretti and Eugenio Montale
V.S.M.R. Lo Cascio
- Award date
- 15 December 1995
- Number of pages
- Holland Academic Graphics
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Metrical Prosody presents a rhythmic theory of phrasal phonology in an optimality theoretical framework. The theory departs radically from what is considered to constitute the standard approach to phrasal phonology, i.e. the syntax-to-prosody mapping approach. Helsloot argues that phrasal phonology depends rather on the distinction between lexical words and grammatical words on the one hand, and on principles of metrical minimality and metrical maximality on the other.
- Published as no. 16 in the Holland Institute of Generative Linguistics series 'HIL dissertations'.
Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.