- Pressure and compressibility in a quantum one-component plasma
- Journal of Physics. A, Mathematical and General
- Volume | Issue number
- 27 | 18
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- With the help of scaling methods, a general relation is established between the thermodynamic pressure and the mechanical
pressure tensor of an equilibrium one-component plasma in a magnetic field. The mechanical pressure tenser is shown to be
anisotropic. A general proof of the compressibility sum rule for a magnetized quantum plasma is presented. Finally, fourth-order
wavenumber inequalities for the static charge correlation function are derived.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.