- Overcoming a paradox? Preparing students for transdisciplinary environments
- International Transdisciplinarity Conference 2017
- Document type
- Web publication/site
- Media of output
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies (ISS)
How can we adequately prepare and train students to navigate transdisciplinary environments? How can we develop hybrid spaces in our universities that are suitable for transdisciplinary education?
These questions were considered by a plenary panel, which I organised and chaired at the International Transdisciplinarity Conference 2017 at Leuphana University, Germany. Three major educational requirements were identified:
- long-term collaborations with businesses, as well as non-governmental, governmental and community organisations
- teaching particular dispositions and competencies
- preparing students for intercultural endeavours.
- Final publisher version
- Contribution to the blog: 'Integration and Implementation Insights - Research resources for understanding and acting on complex real-world problems'. Based upon a chaired panel session during the International Transdisciplinarity Conference 2017.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.