- Probing Multivariate Indicators for Academic Evaluation
- Number of pages
- Hangzhou: Library, Zhejiang University
- Document type
- Working paper
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)
We combine the Integrated Impact Indicator (I3) and the h-index into the I3-type framework and introduce the publication vector X =(X1,X2,X3) and the citation vector Y = (Y1,Y2,Y3), the publication score I3X = X1+X2+X3 and the citation score I3Y = Y1+Y2+Y3, and alternative indicators based on percentile classes generated by the h-index. These multivariate indicators can be used for academic evaluation. The empirical studies show that the h-core distribution is suitable to evaluate scholars, the X1 and Y1 are applied to measure core impact power of universities, and I3X and I3Y are alternatives of journal impact factor (JIF). The multivariate indicators provide a multidimensional view of academic evaluation with using the advantages of both the h-index and I3.
- Accepted author manuscript
- Chinese version published as: Xueshu pingjia de duo bianliang zhibiao tantao. Zhongguo tushuguan xuebao (2017) vol. 43, iss. 4, pp. 63-73.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.