- The spectra of supersymmetric states in string theory
- Award date
- 3 July 2008
- Number of pages
- Document type
- PhD thesis
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
- In this thesis we study the spectra of supersymmetric states in string
theory compactifications with eight and sixteen supercharges, with
special focus placed on the quantum states of black holes and the
phenomenon of wall-crossing in these theories. A self-contained
introduction to the relevant background material is included.
- Research conducted at: Universiteit van Amsterdam
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.