- Idolizing Authorship
- Literary Celebrity and the Construction of Identity, 1800 to the Present
- Number of pages
- Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press
- ISBN (electronic)
- Document type
- Book editing
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA)
Amsterdam School of Historical Studies (ASH)
- Though these days, our celebrity culture tends to revolve around movie stars and pop musicians, there have been plenty of celebrity authors over the years and around the world. This volume brings together a number of contributors to look at how and why certain writers have attained celebrity throughout history. How were their images as celebrities constructed by themselves and in complicity with their fans? And how did that process and its effects differ from country to country and era to era?
- go to publisher's site
- Available in university library UvA
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.