- Displinary Approaches to Social Movements
- Introduction to Second Expanded and Updated Edition
- Book title
- Handbook of Social Movements Across Disciplines
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Cham: Springer
- Edition (Publisher)
- ISBN (electronic)
- Handbooks of Sociology and Social Research: 1389-6903
- Document type
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (FMG)
- Amsterdam Institute for Social Science Research (AISSR)
When we published the first edition of this handbook a decade ago, we noted the rapid growth of scholarly interest in social movements and collective action in particular since the 1990s and the proliferation of social movement studies across the social scientific disciplines. In the decade that lies between the first and second edition of this handbook, the field of social movement studies was boosted by new important mobilizations across the globe that spurred research and led to an impressive number of recent publications.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.