- Gamma-ray and neutrino diffuse emissions of the Galaxy above the TeV
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series
- Volume | Issue number
- 718 | 5
- Article number
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
Conventional cosmic ray propagation models face problems reproducing the diffuse 7-ray spectrum measured by Fermi-LAT over the entire sky. Those models also fail to smoothly connect Fermi-LAT results with data above the TeV as those taken by Milagro in the inner Galactic plane. In this contribution we show that a representative model adopting a spatial dependent rigidity scaling of the diffusion coefficient can reproduce all those experimental results without spoiling the consistency with local cosmic-ray measurements. We use the same model to compute the diffuse neutrino emission of the Galaxy and compare it with IceCube and ANTARES results.
- go to publisher's site
- XIV International Conference on Topics in Astroparticle and Underground Physics (TAUP 2015): 7–11 September 2015, Torino, Italy
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.