- The Fermi GeV excess: Challenges for the dark matter interpretation
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series
- Volume | Issue number
- 718 | 4
- Article number
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
Institute of Physics (IoP)
One of the most exciting recent results in the field of dark matter indirect searches has been the discovery of an excess emission in gamma rays from the Galactic centre above the standard astrophysical background. We show that current hydrodynamic simulations, namely simulated Milky Way-like galaxies within the "Evolution and Assembly of GaLaxies and their Environments" (EAGLE) project, challenge the possibility to interpret the GeV excess as due to annihilation of dark matter particles in the halo if the Milky Way.
- go to publisher's site
- Other links
- Other link
- XIV International Conference on Topics in Astroparticle and Underground Physics (TAUP 2015): 7–11 September 2015, Torino, Italy
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.