T. Alberdingk Thijm
- Digitization of the Canadian Parliamentary debates
- Canadian Journal of Political Science
- Volume | Issue number
- 50 | 3
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research (AIHR)
Informatics Institute (IVI)
- This paper describes the digitization and enrichment of the Canadian House of Commons English Debates from 1901 to present. We start by laying out the general framework in which this project took place and then present the structure of the database and provide guidelines to prospective users. The paper concludes with the introduction of www.lipad.ca, an online platform designed as a hub for archiving Canadian political data, with the parliamentary proceedings at the centre of its architecture.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.