- An optimal adaptive wavelet method for first order system least squares
- Numerische Mathematik
- Volume | Issue number
- 140 | 1
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
- In this paper, it is shown that any well-posed 2nd order PDE can be reformulated as a well-posed first order least squares system. This system will be solved by an adaptive wavelet solver in optimal computational complexity. The applications that are considered are second order elliptic PDEs with general inhomogeneous boundary conditions, and the stationary Navier–Stokes equations.
- go to publisher's site
- Other links
- Link to publication in Scopus
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.