- Context-Based Entity Linking - University of Amsterdam at TAC 2012
- TAC 2012
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the Fifth Text Analysis Conference (TAC 2012): November 5-6, 2012, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
- Gaithersburg, MD: National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
This paper describes our approach to the 2012 Text Analysis Conference (TAC) Knowledge Base Population (KBP) entity linking track. For this task, we turn to a state-of-the-art system for entity linking in microblog posts. Compared to the little context microblog posts provide, the documents in the TAC KBP track provide context of greater length and of a less noisy nature. In this paper, we adapt the entity linking system for microblog posts to the KBP task by extending it with approaches that explicitly rely on the query's context. We show that incorporating novel features that leverage the context on the entity-level can lead to improved performance in the TAC KBP task.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.