- A search for electron antineutrinos associated with gravitational wave events GW150914 and GW151226 using KamLAND
- Astrophysical Journal Letters
- Volume | Issue number
- 829 | 2
- Article number
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Institute for Theoretical Physics Amsterdam (ITFA)
Institute for High Energy Physics (IHEF)
Institute of Physics (IoP)
- We present a search, using KamLAND, a kiloton-scale anti-neutrino detector, for low-energy anti-neutrino events that were coincident with the gravitational-wave (GW) events GW150914 and GW151226, and the candidate event LVT151012. We find no inverse beta-decay neutrino events within ±500 s of either GW signal. This non-detection is used to constrain the electron anti-neutrino fluence and the total integrated luminosity of the astrophysical sources.
- go to publisher's site
- Other links
- © 2016. The American Astronomical Society. - Erratum published in: 2017 ApJL 851 L22
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.