- Interactive analysis of SDN-driven defence against Distributed Denial of Service attacks
- IEEE International Workshop on Security in Virtualized Networks (sec-virtnet) at NetSoft 2016
- Book/source title
- 2016 IEEE NetSoft Conference and Workshops : NetSoft 2016
- Book/source subtitle
- Software-Defined Infrastructure for Networks, Clouds, IoT and Services : 6-10 June 2016, Seoul, Korea
- Pages (from-to)
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- ISBN (electronic)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
The Secure Autonomous Response Networks (SARNET) framework introduces a mechanism to respond autonomously to security attacks in Software Defined Networks (SDN). Still the range of responses possible and their effectiveness need to be properly evaluated such that the decision making process and the self-learning capability of such systems are optimized. To this purpose we developed a touch-table driven interactive SARNET prototype, named VNET, and we demonstrated its use through real-time monitoring and control of real and virtualised networks. By observing users interacting with the system at SC15 in Austin, we concluded that in a SDN it is possible to achieve high effectiveness of responses by carefully choosing a relatively minor number of actions.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.