- Consistent nonparametric specification tests for stochastic volatility models based on the return distribution
- Journal of Empirical Finance
- Pages (from-to)
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB)
- Amsterdam School of Economics Research Institute (ASE-RI)
- This paper develops nonparametric specification tests for stochastic volatility models by comparing the nonparametically estimated return density and distribution functions with their parametric counterparts. Asymptotic null distributions of the tests are derived and the tests are shown to be consistent. Extensive Monte Carlo experiments are performed to study the finite sample properties of the tests. The proposed tests are applied in a number of empirical examples.
- go to publisher's site
ZuBoswijk2017Postprint (Embargo up to and including 13 January 2019)
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.