- A generative re-ranking model for dependency parsing
- 11th International Conference on Parsing Technologies (IWPT-09), Paris, France
- Book/source title
- Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Parsing Technologies, IWPT-09: 7-9 October 2009, Paris, France
- Pages (from-to)
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
We propose a framework for dependency parsing based on a combination of discriminative and generative models. We use a discriminative model to obtain a k-best list of candidate parses, and subsequently rerank those candidates using a generative model. We show how this approach allows us to evaluate a variety of generative models, without needing different parser implementations. Moreover, we present empirical results that show a small improvement over state-of-the-art dependency parsing of English sentences.
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.