- Measuring the effectiveness of SDN mitigations against cyber attacks
- 2017 IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization
- Book/source title
- 2017 IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization : NetSoft
- Book/source subtitle
- Softwarization sustaining a hyper-connected world: en route to 5G: July 3-7, 2017, Bologna, Italy
- Number of pages
- Piscataway, NJ: IEEE
- ISBN (electronic)
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
To address increasing problems caused by cyber attacks, we leverage Software Defined networks and Network Function Virtualisation governed by a SARNET-agent to enable autonomous response and attack mitigation. A Secure Autonomous Response Network (SARNET) uses a control loop to constantly assess the security state of the network by means of observables. Using a prototype we introduce the metrics impact and effectiveness and show how they can be used to compare and evaluate countermeasures. These metrics become building blocks for self learning SARNET which exhibit true autonomous response.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.