S.J. van Gool
- Uniform Interpolation and Compact Congruences
- Annals of Pure and Applied Logic
- Volume | Issue number
- 168 | 10
- Pages (from-to)
- Document type
- Interfacultary Research Institutes
- Institute for Logic, Language and Computation (ILLC)
- Uniform interpolation properties are defined for equational consequence in a variety of algebras and related to properties of compact congruences on first the free and then the finitely presented algebras of the variety. It is also shown, following related results of Ghilardi and Zawadowski, that a combination of these properties provides a sufficient condition for the first-order theory of the variety to admit a model completion.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.