- SaR-WEB: A Semantic Web tool to support Search as Learning practices and cross-language results on the web
- IEEE 17th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies
- Book/source title
- ICALT 2017 : IEEE 17th International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies
- Book/source subtitle
- proceedings : 3-7 July 2017, Timisoara, Romania
- Pages (from-to)
- Los Alamitos, California: IEEE Computer Society
- Document type
- Conference contribution
- Faculty of Humanities (FGw)
- Amsterdam School for Cultural Analysis (ASCA)
In this paper, we present SaR-Web, a multimodal web search tool that provides automatic support to searching as learning processes. Inspired by the work of Richard Rogers and the Digital Methods Initiative, SaR-Web compares the results of queries across search engine language domains, and visualizes search results with a semantic added value, thus facilitating cross-linguistic and cross-cultural comparisons of results. The comparison between search results in different languages is enabled through the visualization of semantic concepts extracted by means of a NER tool from the search results. The SaR-Web system has the potential to support highlevel learning activities described in Bloom's taxonomy such as: identifying and analyzing patterns, comparing, integrating, and creating new ideas.
- go to publisher's site
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.