- Assessing learner-constructed conceptual models and simulations of dynamic systems
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science
- Number of pages
- Document type
- Faculty of Science (FNWI)
Amsterdam University College (AUC)
- Informatics Institute (IVI)
Learning by conceptual modeling is seeing uptake in secondary and higher education. However, assessment of conceptual models is underdeveloped. This paper proposes an assessment method for conceptual models. The method is based on a metric that includes 36 types of issues that diminish model features. The approach was applied by educators and positively evaluated. It was considered useful and the derived grades corresponded with their intuitions about the models quality.
- go to publisher's site
- Proceedings title: Adaptive and Adaptable Learning : 11th European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning, EC-TEL 2016,
Lyon, France, September 13–16, 2016 : proceedings
Place of publication: Cham
Editors: K. Verbert, M. Sharples, T. Klobučar
If you believe that digital publication of certain material infringes any of your rights or (privacy) interests, please let the Library know, stating your reasons. In case of a legitimate complaint, the Library will make the material inaccessible and/or remove it from the website. Please Ask the Library, or send a letter to: Library of the University of Amsterdam, Secretariat, Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You will be contacted as soon as possible.