Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I archive my Master's thesis in UvA Scripties Online?
- Who can use the service?
- Which services are offered by UvA Scripties Online?
- How do bibliographical records about my publications become available in this network?
- What is the difference of UvA Scripties Online with the Catalogue of Master's Theses?
In general, it is policy to submit documents in PDF. For further information on submitting documents, please consult the contact person for your faculty, institute or department. In this phase of UvA Scripties Online, these are:
- Faculty of Economics and Business (contact person: P.A.M.Bosch@uva.nl)
- Faculty of Humanities (contact person: B.Zeeman@uva.nl)
- Faculty of Law (please visit (in Dutch!) informatiepagina FdR; informatie per afdeling; for general questions Scripties Online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences (contact person: P.A.M.Bosch@uva.nl)
- The Institute for Logic Language and Computation (ILLC) (please visit the MScLogic Graduation page or contact Tanja Kassenaar at email@example.com)
- Faculty of Science (contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your faculty, department or institute is interested in joining UvA Scripties Online, please contact your faculty librarian or send an email to email@example.com.
Everyone who has written a Master's thesis as a part of his or her study at the UvA. Arrangements about how UvA Scripties Online is used are made at the faculty and/or departmental/institute level.
- A digital repository in which your Master's thesis will be archived.
- A public interface through which users can search and browse the bibliographical records (metadata) of all Master's theses in the archive.
- A stable link (URL) to the complete Master's thesis in the repository.
- Bibliographical records (metadata) are placed in other information services that are part of the national and international information network.
- Departments or institutes can link from their websites to an overview of relevant Master's theses.
UvA Scripties Online complies with the requirements outlined in the Open Archives Initiative (http://www.openarchives.org/) in a way that bibliographical records (metadata) can be harvested from the repository and indexed in a variety of information systems. As a result, metadata belonging to UvA Master's theses can be found in other databases.
The Catalogue only contains bibliographic descriptions of (old) UvA Master's theses submitted that were submitted on paper and which are available at faculty libraries. UvA Scripties Online contains the digital version of a thesis. To search the library catalogue, use "Advanced Search", and select "Assignments and Papers" to limit the search.